• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Acai berries

StarOceanHouse

Bluelight Crew
I'd like to know some information about these natural antioxidants and their benefits. There seems to be a general hype about these berries. What is all the fuss about? My girlfriend has been taking some in the form of a pill for about a week to see if they work. She says they give her energy but I believe its because they add caffeine to them.

Also: How come I haven't seen them in stores? I'm talking about the berries themselves not the supplements. It seems to me that if they are as great as people say, they should be available at health supermarkets like trader joes or whole foods.

Acai berries taste good and are good for you, thats about it. There is nothing magical about Acai or any other berry.

Whole foods sells an Acai berry sorbet that is quite good; it is in a green and purple package.

They are quickly becoming the newest scam. Many affiliate advertisers are raking in cash for this crapola. Most acai berry routines come with colon cleansing products too. There's probably at least 1 joker a day who wants an eBook or 1,000 articles written about this stuff so he can spam the internet with some new acai berry/colon cleansing product that has come out.

Forex trading, acai berry, weight loss, internet marketing, dog training, and gold selling have become some of the most popular crap on the market right now. I've written about all of them, and I'm so burnt I refuse to do any writing for these topics now. These writing jobs usually get picked up by some guy in a 3rd world country who barely speaks English. The client doesn't care as long as there's enough keyword stuffing relating to his google campaign. Don't trust any of that crap you read.

I'm a member of Monavie, which is a multi-level marketing scheme for an acai juice. It is a great product, but Fing expensive at $45 a bottle retail. I drank one bottle and decided that it would be much more cost effective and probably healthy to just buy whole fruit.

So I looked at my girlfriend's bottle of acai supplement. No wonder why it gives her energy. It has caffeine, taurine, and guarana as well. I knew that supplement she bought was a scam.

acai berry :extract..

Anyone know much about this ingrediant in a diet supplement?

And arli lean dreams anyone used for sleep?

Cheer's!!

Merged with existing thread on Acai berries. Please use the search engine next time. Gracias! :)
acai-berry.jpg

Forex trading, acai berry, weight loss, internet marketing, dog training, and gold selling have become some of the most popular crap on the market right now.

yeah that's about where i lumped it too.

obviously berries are good for you, but the claims surrounding acai make it pretty clear that it's 95% bullshit.

unprocessed cocoa has just about as many antioxidants. even processed cocoa has more than enough if you get the full gamut from fruit and vegetable sources as well

For your money, you'd be much better off going for a "dose" of blueberries a day. Forget extract, get the real thing.

Blueberries supplement cognition, energy and are full of antioxidants. Acai berries are so damn rare and expensive. I'd take a much cheaper dose of blueberries any day. With honey. In my porridge.

Actually most berries are full of antioxidants, start eating them heartily.

My eye doctor told me to get Goji berries. they're good. the shits way to expensive tho!

yeah i've had some goji berries but yeah way too expensive to eat on the regular. good though.

I think it's fine if its put in tea or added to something for flavor but I wouldn't go out and buy the expensive supplements of Acai or Goji berries since if you want antioxidants you can just drink tea, eat dark chocolate, or eat fresh fruits and vegetables.

yah id love the more info the better on this subject. ive never really delved into it myself, but i always thought it was some trendy diet fad. the kind of ppl that rave about it to me are the kind of people that smoke cigs, eat really crappy, never work out, and think they balance that out by eating a romaine lettuce salad once every 10 days... so yeah ive always assumed it was some late night infomercial kinda stuff. anyone i know that has real solid dietary or otherwise all around healthy living attitude has never really mentioned it.

i eat a hell of a lot of plums, prunes, blueberries, raisins, blackberries, i mean i get mad purple in my diet. i eat a lot of veggies and fruits otherwise. i really dont see how a $15 berry is gonna do me any more justice unless it has some insane rare and unique array of flavanoids/antioxidants, exclusive to its species or only a few species has perhaps. else, id rather spend $2 on organic prunes and blueberries kthx.

i really dont see how a $15 berry is gonna do me any more justice unless it has some insane rare and unique array of flavanoids/antioxidants, exclusive to its species or only a few species has perhaps.

As far as I can tell, this is exactly the case with acai. By weight, acai has 15X as much antioxidant as blueberry. The product Monavie combines acai with a handfull of other rare jungle berries and some common ingrediants as well.

Despite its price, I have personally witnessed some pretty cool results. My Dad had a full knee replacement and had the go ahead to get the other one replaced as well. He started drinking Monavie and says that a lot of the pain in his other knee has disapeared. With in 6 months of the surgery, he was riding his rode bike at the same intensity as pre-surgery.

My girlfriend's dad has had both hips replace as well as multiple back surgeries. He SWEARS by the stuff. Says it makes him feel much better, more energy, and less pain. If he starts to run out he gets grumpy and nervous until his new stash arrives.

Personally, I believe that acai is an excellent berry to add to one's diet. BTW, both of the people I talked about are very healthy in other aspects of their life and are not using it to loose weight, as I've seen it advertised.

peace!

yah but is there any science to it? im really not gonna buy it because a dude hurt his knee, drank some berry juice, and his knee healed fast. im confident cannabis and mhyrr (dunno how to spell it, they gave it to baby jesus) would do the same for me :-/

then theres also the placebo effect. people will pay out the ass for a solid, well developed, effective placebo...

id totally add it to my diet... if it wasnt some fad berry that mass media tries to con me out of $15 for. i just cant justify the price when i feel that the amount i get from the wide variety of fruits i eat on a daily basis does basically the same exact thing.

Monavie would be a good product if it cost about 8 bucks a bottle, but 45 dollars is a fucking joke man. Don't be a sucker like that, spend that 45 bucks at your local farmer's market if you want to be healthy. :) Freshly picked, locally grown fruits will have the highest nutrient content; and you'll be supporting your local community, not some shit pyramid scheme.

yah id love the more info the better on this subject. ive never really delved into it myself, but i always thought it was some trendy diet fad. the kind of ppl that rave about it to me are the kind of people that smoke cigs, eat really crappy, never work out, and think they balance that out by eating a romaine lettuce salad once every 10 days... so yeah ive always assumed it was some late night infomercial kinda stuff. anyone i know that has real solid dietary or otherwise all around healthy living attitude has never really mentioned it.

i eat a hell of a lot of plums, prunes, blueberries, raisins, blackberries, i mean i get mad purple in my diet. i eat a lot of veggies and fruits otherwise. i really dont see how a $15 berry is gonna do me any more justice unless it has some insane rare and unique array of flavanoids/antioxidants, exclusive to its species or only a few species has perhaps. else, id rather spend $2 on organic prunes and blueberries kthx.

Heh I also get mad purple in my diet. :)

I've had both Acai and Goji berries in teas that Stash tea makes and it's not expensive and adds a nice flavor to green and herbal tea.

I wouldn't pay lots of money for the actual fresh or dried berries or some extract.

I don't notice anything while drinking the Acai and Goji berry tea as far as health goes.

If I wanted antioxidants and a coffee substitute I could just drink black tea, green tea, yerba mate, rooibos/red tea, or white tea. I just drink the Acai berry tea when I want decaf tea and it does taste good as iced tea.

I used to work in a chain pharmacy and we would sell tons of Acai stuff like bottled teas that had Acai berry extracts in it and other stuff.